So we are all familiar with what a Philadelphia Roll is.. at least I HOPE we’re all familiar with it! It’s basically a super-Americanized sushi roll that usually comes with rice, cucumber, salmon, avocado and cream cheese. The cream cheese is definitely a must.
At restaurants, you’ll find that it looks like this:
Gawwwww.. Anyways, if I’m really weird about sushi.. and my taste in food in general. It’s always two extreme sides of the spectrum. I prefer either really fancy omakase or a simple and inexpensive Philadelphia Roll. Don’t judge.
I decided to draw a little inspiration from Chipotle’s Burrito Bowls.. and ended up creating my own little Philadelphia Roll bowl. It’s something that is fast, easy-to-make, and extremely affordable. Anyone can freaking make this, and you can even personalize it according to whatever you like.
Check it out. My dog was eyeballing it like crazy:
If you’re thinking that these pictures look delicious, you can read the following sort of in-depth directions:
Ingredients: rice, salmon, avocado, sesame oil, cream cheese, lemon, salt & pepper to taste, cucumber (optional), seaweed (optional), sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook rice
- Cook salmon (I prefer this cooked)
- Chop up avocado into bite-sized pieces
- Set aside about 2-3 spoonfuls of cream cheese
- Chop up cucumbers and shred the seaweed
- Mix it all up in a bowl
- Sprinkle some sesame oil, sesame seeds, squeeze a wedge of lemon, add some salt & pepper to the mixture
- Give it a taste, and if you like it, dig in! If you don’t like it… add more stuff to it.
That’s basically it. It should really take about 15 minutes to make (tops). Any longer, and you’re either a lagger or doing it wrong. Enjoy!