Restaurant Details: Ubatuba Acai – Koreatown
- Type: Juice Bars & Smoothies, Brazilian, Acai Bowls
- Neighborhood: Koreatown
- Phone: (213) 590-1909
549 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90020
Homegirl Rating: 4-5 Stars!
- Atmosphere: Casual, Cafeteria-Like Space
- Service: Friendly, Prep time is usually 5-10 minutes
- Cost: Under $10 unless you order a lot
- Parking Lot: Yes, Free
- WiFi: Yes, Free
- Hours: 7:30am – 11pm
This is a great snack and hangout spot in K-Town. I came here after hiking because I wanted a quick bite to eat that was not only healthy-ish but also filling…but not too filling. I wanted to go to a place with a parking lot as well because looking for street parking was not something I wanted to do after hiking for so many miles.
Here are the things I love about Ubatuba:
– There’s a parking lot
– Customer service is friendly
– There’s plenty of space for friends
– Good spot to either stay or pick-up to go
– The acai bowls are amazing!
– The empanadas are yummy
I initially ordered an Almada Acai Bowl and Chicken empanada to-go, but ended up eating both snacks inside the restaurant because the wait for my acai bowl was longer than I thought. I was hungry!
Los Angeles is filled with so many different acai locations that it can be difficult pinpointing the type that’s right for you. I love that Ubatuba has a laidback atmosphere, and their acai bowls have the perfect texture between “super liquid smoothie” and “frozen icee.”
They’re generous with their portions as well. Thumbs up!